For your information, we put compression on the rules on insurance dog, which it has gained great importance and has aroused great controversy in recent years.
“Because I sometimes cheap is expensive”
For other animals sure contact us and we will look for the best possible solution.
Liability Insurance for Dogs and Dogs deemed dangerous
The insurance of all kinds of dogs in Spain is only binding in the communities of Madrid and the Basque Country. In all other regions but recommended, It is only mandatory for dogs considered dangerous breeds.
The Spanish legislation, by law 50/1999 of 23 December, set as compulsory the insurance of animals for those who meet several features that make them be considered potentially dangerous animals. this law refers to both domestic and non-domestic animals. In the case of dogs, considered as potentially dangerous those who meet the following:
- Strong muscles, powerful aspect, robust, agility, resistance.
- Short hair.
- Bulky head, robust, wide, and a large skull.
- Strong jaw, large, wide, and deep.
- Chest measurements ranging between 60 and 80 inches, wither height between 50 and 70 centimeters, and a weight exceeding 20 kilos.
- Marked character and great value.
- Neck width, muscular and short.
- Chest width, Large and bulky, muscled, short loin.
- Forelegs straight parallel and robust; very muscular hindquarters, with relatively long legs to a moderate angle.
Also, specific law several breeds that are considered in this category, such as:
- Pit bull terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
- American Staffodshire Terrier.
- Dogo Argentino.
- Fila Brasileiro.
- Tosa Inu.
- Akita Inu.
The law provides that the owner of such dogs must, besides hiring mandatory liability insurance, must meet other requirements such as:
- The registration of the animal in the municipality of which it is domiciled.
- Request and obtain a license to possess this type of animal. To obtain this license will be required: be of age, no history or have had sanctions for having dogs considered dangerous, medical certificate of physical fitness and psychological fitness, and proof of having insurance against liability for damage to third parties.
In addition to the breeds listed above, depending on the region, other races may need this insurance by regional regulations. Some of these breeds are Bóxer, Bullmastiff, Dobermann, Dogo de Burdeos, Dogo del Tíbet, Mastín Napolitano, Tosa Japonés, Presa Canario y Presa Mallorquín.
Although we can find different types of insurance coverage with different sums of civil responsibility, we must consider what we should hire. The state standard (Royal Decree 287/2002) says: “considered dangerous dogs are required to conclude liability insurance for third party damage coverage of not less than one hundred twenty thousand euros (120.000 €)”.
Therefore, the minimum should always be to hire 120,000 € of responsibility, although this amount can go up to 180,000 € (Castilla y León) depending on the autonomous region to which it belongs. Therefore recommend checking that limit or guaranteed by ensuring the legal maximum set.
The dogs of these breeds have characteristics or uninsured or unlicensed can lead to fines from € 300 up to € 2404. The case is greatly aggravated if an incident occurs.
“Because they take care of us
we take care of them”